Year V, Publication no.3, May 2018
(May 1st to August 31st, 2018).
“Contemporary dilemmas: Education, Politics and Values” is pleased to present to its readers and collaborators edition: Year V, Publication 3, May 2018, corresponding to the period may 1st to august 30th, 2018. This e-journal is inserted in the national and international context with 65 articles from 9 countries (Argentina, Azerbaijan, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Jordan, Mexico, Spain), which deal with academic and research activities related to the authors´ daily activities in the working areas of this journal. Thanks a lot for your preference with our journal.
1. TITLE: Culture, Education and Complexity. Towards an Ecosofic Humanistic vision. (Speech of thanks for the granting of the title of Professor Emeritus and Doctor Honoris Causa by the "Edgar Morin" Real World Multiversity). AUTHOR: Rigoberto Pupo Pupo. ABSTRACT: This document includes the speech of thanks offered by Dr. Rigoberto Pupo Pupo for the granting of his title of Professor Emeritus and Doctor Honoris Causa in Complex Thought, conferred by the "Edgar Morin" Real World Multiversity. KEY WORDS: human activity, culture, education, complexity, ecosofic humanistic vision.
2. TITLE: Autonomous learning. Its role in the development of specific competences in higher education. AUTHORS: Yanet González Reyes, Sonia Noemi González Benítez, Dario Javier Guerrero Vaca, Fanny Rocío Gavilanes Manzano, Jaqueline Elizabeth Balseca Castro, María de los Ángeles Rodríguez Cevallos. ABSTRACT: A cornerstone of an integral application of the competency approach is the conception of the need for binomial professional competences, that is to say; both types of competences -generic and specific- are indispensable for the training of professionals. However, autonomous learning has not been deeply debated regarding its influence on the development of specific competencies for a specific professional performance. This article discusses autonomous learning in higher education and its relation to the development of specific competences. KEY WORDS: professional performance, autonomous learning, competence development, specific competences, higher education.
3. TITLE: Textual comprehension and its treatment in Primary Education. AUTHORS: Zismey Martínez Fabre, Mary Mag Pastrana de la Paz, Yarilys Reyes Rodríguez, Nancy Milián Fragela, Azariel de los Ángeles Manchón Barrabí. ABSTRACT: The development of communicative competence is the general objective of the teaching of the Mother Tongue; it is fundamental for this, to achieve the understanding of oral and written texts. However, there are shortcomings in the treatment of conscious reading, as well as poor development of strategies with a cognitive-communicative and sociocultural approach that allow the achievement of this purpose. There are many investigations carried out in this regard, but there are still difficulties that have not been solved. This work is then aimed at proposing varied, innovative, attractive and practical activities (preparation of worksheets, instructions, wall journals, festivals, among others), which contribute to the preparation of teachers to work with textual comprehension. KEY WORDS: textual comprehension, treatment, activities.
4. TITLE: The verbal periphrases in Spanish. AUTHOR: Adnan Kadhim. ABSTRACT: This work is an attempt to focus the light on one of the most important and complicated subjects for the students of ELE, which is the subject of verbal periphrases. We have tried to study the subject and expose it in the easiest way possible to be taught in the classroom, for several reasons: its variety of nuances and stylistic possibilities in Spanish, its undoubted complexity, the expanding of periphrastic system and its growing use in both colloquial and literary language and the difficulty it causes for foreign students of Spanish. KEY WORDS: verbal periphrasis, stylistic possibilities, complexity, periphrastic system.
5. TITLE: The necessary prevention in the formation the orthographic abilities. AUTHORS: Francisca Rosa Cedeño Gamboa, Yusleidys Rodríguez Aguilar, Carmen Eulalia Quesada Ramírez. ABSTRACT: The article presents the proposal of a didactic strategy for the orthographic prevention, which stimulates the orthographic awareness that the primary student should manifest in the respect and care of using the Spanish language. The didactic strategy is based on a didactic model of orthographic prevention that potentiates the productivity of thought, the memory of meaning understanding, involuntary attention, motivation and willness towards a correct observance in fulfilling the orthographic rules. It contributes highly to the formation of the orthographic abilities. This result is a product of an educational research. KEY WORDS: prevention, abilities, observance.
6. TITLE: Didactic proposal for the teaching of the procedures of grammatical textual cohesion in the construction of written texts. AUTHOR: Ana Irma Nogueras Planas. ABSTRACT: Researches report that deficiencies in writing are more frequent. The unnecessary repetition of words and the inadequate structuring of the ideas affect the students’ writing, due to the ignorance of the procedures of textual cohesion. The need of transforming the teaching of the construction of texts, from favoring an active knowledge on the rules of writing is defended in the article. For that, a didactic proposal for the teaching of the procedures of textual cohesion is presented, which reverts in the achievement of textual coherence in written texts by students of different levels of education. KEY WORDS: anaphora, cohesion, connection, construction of written texts, procedures of textual cohesion.
7. TITLE: System of exercises to facilitate the comprehension of written texts on students of the fourth semester from the Peasant Worker Faculties. AUTHORS: Mabel Riog del Arco, Norge Manuel Larramendi Céspedes, Roger Ríos Escobar, Greisy Elvira Márquez Jurjo. ABSTRACT: The research was directed to one of the problems that affect the teaching-learning process of the subject Spanish Literature and it is about the necessity of the elaboration of a system of exercises that favors the comprehension of written texts in the students of the fourth semester of the "Pedro Soto Alba" Peasant Worker's Faculty (FOC) in Manzanillo municipality, Cuba. For this, the methods used were: theoretical, empirical and statistical-mathematical. The fundamental contribution was given in the presentation of a system of exercises taking into account the cognitive, communicative and sociocultural approach, aimed at awakening interest in students by the understanding of written texts, based on the study of some texts from Marti’s work. KEY WORDS: system of exercises, comprehension of written texts.
8. TITLE: Didactic strategy for the equitable treatment of gender and the teaching of the History of Cuba. AUTHORS: Katerina Reyes Mesa, Antonio Bernabé Zaldívar Castro. ABSTRACT: To elaborate a didactic strategy for the equitable treatment of gender in the teaching - learning process of the History of Cuba for the secondary school is the objective of the investigation, based on philosophical, axiological, sociological, psychological and didactic criteria. It expresses the characteristics of the teaching - learning process of the History of Cuba and reveals from the contents the visibility of the female subject, as well as the linguistic codes of the information that is provided. The strategy is organized into a system of didactic - methodological actions and contributes to deepen a historical culture based on equity. KEY WORDS: gender equity, didactic strategy.
9. TITLE: Training by competences from complex thinking in professionals of Aesthetic Culture. AUTHORS: Edgar Francisco Llanga Vargas, Mercy Esthela Guacho Tixi, Carlos Andrarde Cuadrado, Myriam Rocio Guacho Tixi. ABSTRACT: The present work makes a critical analysis of competency-based training from the distinctive mark of complex thinking. A contrast of the different complexity theories has been carried out from the view point of several authors. It also exposes the different types of competences that are necessary for holistic training in higher education, specifically of professionals in the Aesthetic Culture, where a reference of new general skills is proposed. The work is based on a descriptive and documentary research. KEY WORDS: competencies, Complex thinking, theories, training.
10. TITLE: Aesthetics in training and research: Experiences of participative pedagogy from a workgroup of the Master in Transdisciplinary Studies for Sustainability, University of Veracruz, Mexico. AUTHORS: Francesco Panico, Enrique Vargas Madrazo, Eduardo Ruíz Cervantes, Luis Roberto Granados Campos, Carlos Pérez Alvarado. ABSTRACT: The present article has the intention of describing, commenting and spreading a methodology of work that our group of researchers has been elaborating throughout more than one decade in the context of the participative pedagogy. The above-mentioned experience is inserted in the institutional spaces of the Master in Transdisciplinary Studies for Sustainability, assigned to the “Centro de Ecoalfabetización y Diálogo de Saberes” of University of Veracruz. The aspect that more characterizes this proposal is the use of the aesthetics as an epistemological horizon for the integral training of subject. KEY WORDS: aesthetics, participation, dialog, research, service.
11. TITLE: The Crisis of the Terminology and Translation in “The female of the Language: Papers on Discourse and Gender” of the Feminist Zuleikha Abu Risha. AUTHORS: Haidar Larosi, Hussein Al Duweiri. ABSTRACT: The work of the Jordanian author, Zuleikha Abu Risha, “The Female of Language: Papers on Discourse and Gender”, is undoubtedly a multiform issue of the dominant male discourse, as well as a discourse proposal that the author reconstruct on a solid base of equality between men and women. In this proposal, the researchers observe that translation and terminology have a prominent role in defining a new discourse, and thus, a new image of women in society. KEY WORDS: Translation. Terminology. Gender. Discourse. Arabic.
12. TITLE: The interdisciplinarity in the Sciences of the Education; analysis in the Telesecundary school model in Mexico. AUTHORS: José Fernández Olivera, Sandra Fabiola Peñaloza Andrade, Anel Sonia Gálvez Mendoza, Regina Pichardo Vallejo, Eliseo Vega Blanquel, Angélica Manjarrez Rojas, Ocasia Posadas Bueno. ABSTRACT: Interdisciplinarity, in the studies of any branch of knowledge, is a necessity that imposes development. In the present article, the authors reflect on interdisciplinarity, exemplifying in the specific case of pedagogy, didactics and educational psychology. All this is a reflection of the socio-educational reality that cannot be addressed in an unconnected way. Finally, reference is made to a model of telesecundaria education in Mexico, emphasizing the challenges it has to be able to establish itself as a reference of interdisciplinarity. KEY WORDS: interdisciplinarity, Sciences of Education, socioeducational intervention, Telesecundary school model.
13. TITLE: Analysis of data of engineering students for the prediction of academic performance using the bayesian classification technique. AUTHORS: Andrés Rico Páez, Daniel Sánchez Guzmán. ABSTRACT: In this paper we present a study to analyze data of engineering students to develop a predictive model of academic performance through the bayesian classification technique known as Naïve Bayes with the aim of predicting academic performance and identifying the main factors that affect it. For this, data corresponding to 306 students from 7 different courses were analyzed. Based on the results obtained, a predictive system was implemented that allows the automatic prediction of the academic performance of future students of the mentioned institution. This study can be replicated for different students and courses with the objective that educational institutions can design strategies for identification and prevention of reprobation. KEY WORDS: predictive model, Naïve Bayes algorithm, academic performance, attribute, data mining.
14. TITLE: The psychodrama: an alternative for the development of the communication among scholars. AUTHORS: Clara María Rodríguez Vázquez, Yusleidys Rodríguez Aguilar, Virgen María Blanco Tamayo, Yamisela Martínez Céspedes. ABSTRACT: The present article is related to the technique of the psychological drama; in this, they offer basic orientations directed to the teacher for the realization of this type of psychotherapy group, the one that possesses big potentialities to achieve the development of the communication among scholars, and in a general way in their integral development. It is also shown an example in which it is explained how to achieve the development of the communication among scholars through the psychodrama. KEY WORDS: psychotherapy, psychodrama, communication, special education.
15. TITLE: Reflection strategies in final work requirement for obtaining grade. A study case in Civil Engineering. AUTHORS: María Fernanda Serrano Guzmán, Diego Dario Pérez Ruíz, Luz Marina Torrado Gómez, Norma Cristina Solarte Vanegas. ABSTRACT: The design work is a modality for the completion of the professional training in some educational institutions. Under this scheme, in general, what is intended is that the graduate has one more opportunity to approach to their occupational practice before receiving the university degree. This article presents pedagogical strategies based on the reflection for the subject Design I, prerequisite for obtaining the degree, which gives the student an approach to problem solving of problems and critical thinking with social commitment, through work scenarios that demand require oral and written communication. Precisely, the reflection strategies have been implemented in other subjects facilitating the learning of certain topics and contextualizing the student towards the reality of the environment. KEY WORDS: reflection, final work, pedagogical strategy.
16. TITLE: The performance of the pedagogical directive function in telesecundaria schools. A case study in zone 27, sector 5 of the Telesecundarias Department of Toluca Valley. AUTHOR: Enrique Jesús Estrada Alcántara. ABSTRACT: The present paper is the result of a pedagogical research that was part of the doctoral thesis in Pedagogical Sciences that this author made and concluded in the Center of Studies for Educational Quality and Scientific Research (CECEIC). Here, the performance of the pedagogical directive function is addressed in a study put into practice in the schools of zone 27, sector 5 of the Telesecundaria Department in the Valley of Toluca The paper deepens in the research problem, in the research results, and a methodological work system is proposed to improve the performance of pedagogical directive function in the telesecundarias of the school zone studied. KEY WORDS: pedagogical research, pedagogical directive function, telesecundaria school, methodological work system.
17. TITLE: Pedagogical analysis of the 2011 elementary school curriculum in Mexico. AUTHOR: Germán Flores Martínez. ABSTRACT: This article aims to analyze the syllabus of primary education 2011 in Mexico to identify the conception of student, teacher and method; this allowed to know what the psychological and didactic foundations that support them are. In addition, consistency or lack thereof in the plan was sought, analyzing the concepts in different sections of the document. The ideas explored show to be the product of the convergence of the Sciences of Education and of the contributions of the thinkers of Psychology. To reach the above, a qualitative methodology was used. It is concluded that the concepts analyzed have a foundation in the Psychology of Education and Didactics. KEY WORDS: syllabus, basic education, Pedagogy, Didactics.
18. TITLE: The Didactic inherent to the Educational Model 2018. Reflections emanating from axis 1 on the curricular approach. AUTHOR: Amelia Dolores López Fuentevilla. ABSTRACT: In this article some characteristics of the Didactic proposed in the Educational Model 2018 were mentioned, in order to establish a value reflection of said correlation. The two lines of analysis of the article were: the axis 1 on the curricular approach, and some elements belonging to the field of Didactics. Once the relationship was established, it was reflected on its relevance. Particular interest was the aforementioned axis, since the foundations of the so-called learning to learn position emerge from it. KEY WORDS: Didactics, Educational Model 2018, correlation, axe 1 curricular approach, learning to learn.
19. TITLE: The preparation of school principals for the interdisciplinary methodological work. Challenge and experience. AUTHORS: Raúl Herrera García, Pedro Valiente Sandó, Marcos Grave de Peralta Ruiz. ABSTRACT: The article socializes the results of a research carried out at the University of Las Tunas, Cuba. It goes into the preparation of the school director for the direction of the methodological work with an interdisciplinary approach. The preparation of the school principal is systematized in a theoretical-methodological sense. The proposal is based on a procedure for the preparation of school directors in the direction of interdisciplinary methodological work. It is verified that its implementation updates the content of the professional activity of the school director and favors the formation and development of competencies for the management. KEY WORDS: preparation, methodological work, professional management activity, procedure, interdisciplinary methodological work.
20. TITLE: Indigenous children in Nuevo León: some challenges during their time at school. AUTHORS: Mario Alberto González Medina, Diana Carolina Treviño Villarreal. ABSTRACT: Currently, there are challenges faced by indigenous children during their time at primary school; therefore, in the present research they are analyzed to be compared with non-indigenous students enrolled in the sixth grade in Nuevo León, Mexico, using a sample of 3,095 students contained in the database of the National Plan for the evaluation of the learning 2015. It was obtained that the results in Mathematics and Language and Communication are lower for the indigenous students, as well as the level of achievement reached; indigenous students are more likely to fail a year and work, so they perceive that their opinions are not taken into account and they are interrupted and ignored by their teachers. KEY WORDS: Indigenous population, challenges, level of achievement, school.
21. TITLE: Parents, choice of public school and inequalities: reflexions based on some researches. AUTHOR: Fernanda Martins. ABSTRACT: This article is based on the choice of the school by parents, according to the perspective of the sociology of critical education, based on the pioneering work of Gewirtz, Ball and Bowe (1995). In this framework, a research on empirical studies was done, carried out with parents, focused on the intersection between the choice of the school by the parents and the group within the social structure to which they belong. It is concluded that the resources necessary for the election exercise of the school is not the same among the different social groups, and one of the reasons for the choice is related to their "social environment". KEY WORDS: parents, choice, school, inequalities, empirical research.
22. TITLE: Relationship between coping and sociodemographic characteristics of the main caregiver of intellectually disable children, related to "Carlos Garbay" Specialized Educational Unit. AUTHORS: Cristina Alessandra Procel Niama, Lilian Verónica Granizo Lara, Ramiro Eduardo Torres Vizuete, Ana Rosi Procel Niama. ABSTRACT: Having a child with intellectual disability generates instability, hopelessness and overload in those who dedicate themselves to daily care, so it is important to determine the relationship between coping and the sociodemographic characteristics of the main caregiver of children with intellectual disabilities, linked to “Carlos Garbay" Specialized Educational Unit from Riobamba city. Research techniques were used, such as the survey, the observation and the psychological test. When looking for possible association between variables, the non-parametric Chi-square test was used for nominal variables, while for the ordinal the Chi-square linear tendency was used. KEY WORDS: Coping, primary caregiver, intellectual disability, psychology.
23. TITLE: Association between the degree course, the level of academic satisfaction, the level of perceived stress and the sex, in a group of undergraduate students. AUTHORS: Lilian Verónica Granizo Lara, Cristina Alessandra Procel Niama, Ramiro Eduardo Torres Vizuete, Sonia Llaquellin Granizo Lara. ABSTRACT: In the search to maximize the effectiveness of training and improve student well-being, it is necessary to consider those aspects that directly impact on their academic satisfaction and stress level, in order to respond, integrally, to the needs or expectations of the students. The present work intends to analyze the possible association between the variables: career, academic satisfaction, level of perceived stress and sex in a group of undergraduate students of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National University of Chimborazo (UNACH) in Ecuador. Investigative techniques such as surveys, observations and psychological tests were used. KEY WORDS: stress perception, academic satisfaction, undergraduate students, college career.
24. TITLE: From the classroom culture to the culture of thought. AUTHORS: Patricio Santillán Aguirre, Valeria Cadena Vaca, Miguel Cadena Vaca. ABSTRACT: This article derives from a phenomenological research supported on the transitory hermeneutics, whose intention is to generate a theoretical construct about the events meant by the teachers from the culture of the classroom towards the culture of thought, that impacts the eligibility of university students in making efficient decisions. The in-depth interview was applied to three teachers of the Informatics Epistemology subject of the Polytechnic Higher School of Chimborazo, Ecuador. Information was categorized and codified. The inductive process derived in macroconcepts. It is concluded that teaching to think is part of the interactive, constructive and reflexive process in the culture of thought, necessary to make thoughtful decisions, as a product of the self-regulation of learning. KEY WORDS: classroom culture, culture of thought, construction of knowledge, decision making, formative changes.
25. TITLE: New and old keys to the development of educational supervision in Higher Education. AUTHORS: Martha Cecilia Mejía Paredes, Kathy Violeta Serrano Avalos, Lenin Iván Lara Olivo, Silvia Patricia Veloz Miño. ABSTRACT: The essential function of educational supervision is to determine within the teaching processes, which can be improved to meet the demands of the community in general. This paper aims to reflect on the old and new determinants of the development of educational supervision in higher education. KEY WORDS: educational supervision, higher education institutions, educational quality.
26. TITLE: Priorities to operationalize interculturality as a transversal axis in Ecuadorian higher education. AUTHORS: Mónica Noemí Cadena Figueroa, María Dolores Vallejo Peñafiel, Alexander Fernando Vinueza Jara, Magdalena Inés Ullauri Moreno. ABSTRACT: Taking as a starting point the need to integrate interculturality in academic planning, the need arises to develop it as a transversal axis. There is a growing interest in developing research oriented to the classification and categorization of the needs to be solved from the curriculum. The present article aims to define priorities that constitute strategic lines for the operationalization of interculturality as a transversal axis in Ecuadorian higher education. KEY WORDS: priorities, interculturality, transversal axis. Ecuadorian higher education.
27. TITLE: Reflections from Pedagogy and Didactics. Impact on the economic and social development. AUTHORS: Alexandra Maribel Arguello Pazmiño, Eddy Stalin Alvarado Pacheco, Gina Real Zumba, Graciela Alemania Valencia Mayorga, Cirila Marilud Filian Macias. ABSTRACT: In this article, the role of Pedagogy and Didactics and its impact on the economic and social development of a country or region is addressed, recognizing pedagogy as the science that deals with education and instruction. Pedagogy includes the processes of education and education, organized as a whole and aimed at the formation of the personality. In this process active social relationships are established between the pedagogues and the learners and their reciprocal influence subordinated to the achievement of the objectives set by the society. KEY WORDS: pedagogy and didactics, economic and social development, Teaching and education, society.
28. TITLE: Effective educational technologies in teaching foreign languages to gifted high school students. AUTHORS: Yulia Varlamova, Mariia Rubtcova. ABSTRACT: This paper is devoted to the concept of giftedness and how to support and train gifted high school students. The primary aim of the paper is to describe and assess the implemented methods focused on supporting and developing gifted children. The authors of the article believe that the use of active teaching methods in foreign language lessons, in particular the method of discussion, case study and project method are important for maintaining the motivation of schoolchildren. Moreover, cognitive activities help to develop social behavior and communication skills. The article considers the stages of the implemented method, provides practical advice, highlight challenges and perspectives of work with gifted students in Russia. KEY WORDS: project-based learning, method of discussion, gifted children, communicative competence, critical thinking, motivation.
29. TITLE: Multimedia applied to English Language. Resources for teaching vocabulary in university level. AUTHORS: Natali Padilla Padilla, Ángel Humberto Cayambe Palacios, Lenin Iván Lara Olivo. ABSTRACT: This research work had as main objective to show the progress of university students in terms of learning English vocabulary with multimedia resources. A quasi-experimental design and the comparison of two groups of similar characteristics were used. The experimental group was subjected to the application of an interactive system in the teaching of English vocabulary for a specific period while the control group was not. At the end of the application, the results obtained were compared by means of a post-test and it could be proved that the use of multimedia resources profits the process of teaching foreign language vocabulary. KEY WORDS: multimedia, teaching, English vocabulary.
30. TITLE: Influence of training on the use of Matlab as part of the teaching-learning process of limits and derivatives at the higher level of Mechanical Engineering. AUTHORS: Alex Giovanny Tenicota García, Jaime Rodrigo Guilcapi Mosquera, Cristian David Redrobán Dillón, Carlos Horacio Guamán Reinoso, Edisson Fernando Calderón Freire, Cesar Daniel Arregui Toro. ABSTRACT: Among the advantages of Matlab are its versatility and applicability for teaching limits and derivatives, which promotes the increase of creativity and consolidation of logical reasoning in the students. The purpose of this article is to describe the influence of training on the use of Matlab as part of the teaching-learning process of limits and derivatives at the higher level of Mechanical Engineering. A descriptive and quasi-experimental study was carried out. For the comparison of the results of the Pre and Post test, the McNemar nonparametric test was used, among others. KEY WORDS: Matlab, teaching-learning process, limits and derivatives, higher education, Mechanical Engineering.
31. TITLE: Profile of professionals interested in studying a Master’s degree in Software. AUTHORS: Ligia Maricela Niama Rivera, Carlos Iván Villalva Heredia. ABSTRACT: The postgraduate educational offer has among its main needs to be relevant to the context in which it develops, hence its design responds to the diverse expectations of future graduates. Computer technologies constitute a real challenge for today's society, therefore, offering postgraduate training related to this area of knowledge becomes the central objective of the fourth level education that takes place in the educational institutions of the higher level of Ecuador. In the framework of the creation of a new educational offer for a master's degree in software, this work was aimed at determining the profile of graduates interested in taking this training program. KEY WORDS: higher education, postgraduate studies, profile of professionals, Software Master’s degree.
32. TITLE: Logic.ly Simulator. Technological tool to facilitate the teaching-learning process about Mathematics? AUTHORS: Ricardo Adán Salas Rueda, José Adán Salas Silis. ABSTRACT: This quantitative and qualitative research analyzes the impact of the Logic.ly simulator in the Computational Mathematics subject during the 2017 school year. The variables of this mixed study are learning, usefulness, web interface, use, technological skills, assimilation of knowledge and educational experience. The results obtained allow us to affirm that Logic.ly facilitates the application of the theoretical contents on the proposition, deduction method, tautology and equivalent functions in the field of electronics. Even, students consider that this simulator is an innovative, useful, relevant and efficient tool. In conclusion, teachers have the opportunity to improve teaching-learning conditions through the incorporation of new technology in school activities. KEY WORDS: ICT, teaching, higher learning, experimental pedagogy.
33. TITLE: Diagnosis of the use of Cloud Computing technology in management of Ambato city service companies. AUTHORS: Diana Martínez García, Patricio Medina Chicaiza, Fernando Silva Ordoñez, Vinicio Mejía Vayas, Carmen Beltrán Mesías. ABSTRACT: In recent times, a large number of management models have been developed that favor the development of small and medium-sized companies and that enable the boom in the activity to which they are dedicated. Among those models, Cloud Computing stands out, due to its multiple advantages that tend to favor the good functioning and entrepreneurship of the management of this type of companies. The results of the integral diagnosis of the current situation on the use of Cloud Computing technology in the service companies of the City of Ambato, in the year 2017 are exposed. KEY WORDS: Cloud Computing, business administration, technology, comprehensive diagnostics, SMEs.
34. TITLE: Technology Transfer in Digital Era: Legal Environment. AUTHORS: I. A. Bliznets, A. A. Kartskhiya, M. G. Smirnov. ABSTRACT: Creation, distribution, and transfer of modern technologies are the essential conditions of modern sustainable development. The authors proceed from the assumption that legal tools for the creation, use, and protection of advanced technologies support the technology transfer process from the owner to interested parties for further practical and commercial application or further improvement. The concept of technology, legal ways of using modern technologies, stages of their implementation and practical application are analyzed in the article from legal positions. In the modern digital revolution conditions, the technology transfer acquires new features and ways for the dissemination of technical innovation, creating new challenges for legal theory and practice, and legal tools shall correspond to challenges of the time. KEY WORDS: intellectual property rights, innovation, intellectual property transfer, means of technology transfer, digital revolution.
35. TITLE: Characterization of knowledge and hygienic practices and accident prevention of care givers in Ecuadorian Children's Centers of Good Living. AUTHORS: Patricia Alejandra Ríos Guarango, Lorena Patricia Yaulema Brito, Mercy Esthela Guacho Tixi, María José Andrade Albán, Carlos Eduardo Andrade Cuadrado. ABSTRACT: Knowing the total number of children suffering from malnutrition in Ecuador is complex, as these data depend on the source of the malnutrition. A research was carried out that allowed to characterize the knowledge and the hygienic and accident prevention practices of caregivers of different cantons of the country, studying the possible association between belonging to these cantons and the variables explored. Measures of central tendency and dispersion were used. In order to identify possible association between belonging to a Canton and other variables, the Chi-square test of Independence was used. KEY WORDS: child malnutrition, knowledge, hygienic practices, accident prevention, caregivers.
36. TITLE: Psychopathology university teaching proposal through clinical workshops implementation: possible articulations between teaching and extension. AUTHORS: Mercedes Kopelovich, Julieta de Battista. ABSTRACT: The teaching proposal of the subjet Psychopatology I at the Psicology Faculty at the National University of La Plata is developed in the present article. It is highlighted the recent implementation of clinical worshops that means to students the contact with mental health care institutions. It describes two of the clinical workshops experiences: one of them in the maternity ward and the other one in a mental health in-patient ward, both at a public hospital in the region. Finally, this type of devices is articulated with the current proposals on curricular extension in the university. KEY WORDS: Psychopathology, teaching, university, clinical workshops, extension.
37. TITLE: System of workshops to contribute to the Education of professional values in the Nursing career. AUTHORS: Roger Ríos Escobar, Norge Manuel Larramendi Céspedes, Mariela Hernández Sainz, Deysi Bárbara Remón Fonseca, Greisy Elvira Márquez Jurjo. ABSTRACT: The research deals with a study about the Education of professional values in the Nursing career at the Medical Science, Nuevitas, Camagüey province. The insufficiencies in the education of professional values in the Nursing career in conditions of universalization was the main problem; so the objective of the research was to elaborate a system of workshops in order to contribute to the education of professional values in the Nursing career. Empirical and theoretical methods were carried out. The main results found were: repeated absences and poor stability of tutors in the practical areas, as well as the lack of responsibility with the resources and failure in the administration of medications, what led, at all, to the workshop system proposal. KEY WORDS: system of workshops, professional values, tutors.
38. TITLE: A new road to stimulate the visual perception of the children with strabismus and amblyopic. AUTHOR: Yusleidys Rodríguez Aguilar. ABSTRACT: In the measure that more children with strabismus and amblyopic are inserted in general schools, more professors will face the attention on students with special educational necessities, emerging questions about how to stimulate the visual perception from the pedagogic process, how to achieve that students feel happy in their classrooms and grasp the objectives of the program, at the same time of the remaining ones. For that reason, in this article, which is derived from a doctoral thesis, it is proposed a methodological alternative for the stimulation of the visual perception of the children with strabismus and amblyopic that are studying first grade, methodology that will allow to assist individually and differentiated to each child. KEY WORDS: sensoperceptions, strabismus, amblyopic, visual perception, visual sharpness.
39. TITLE: Quality of the teacher performance from the students’ perception of the Bachelor in Nursing. AUTHORS: Cornelio Bueno Brito, Hugo Cesar Brito Delgado, Josefina Delgado Delgado. ABSTRACT: This research work allows to know the quality of the teacher performance addressing the dimensions of quality of Donabedian model. A survey was applied to students by teacher and learning unit, highlighting that only 71% of students consider that they are always satisfied with the performance of their teachers and 76% report that teachers have the educational methodology for knowledge construction. It is recommended to develop and apply a specific profile for the selection of income as teachers, and review the nursing undergraduate curriculum in order to improve the integration and interrelation of basic and clinical learning units. It is also necessary to implement a training program or teacher training in pedagogical aspects. KEY WORDS: quality, teacher performance, students’ perception, Bachelor in Nursing.
40. TITLE: Evaluation of learning in connection with clinical issues in the training in Psychology. AUTHOR: Gabriela Prieto Loureiro. ABSTRACT: A revision of aspects related to the learning of the clinical psychology and its evaluation is done. Authors that coincide with the issue that the learning of the clinic does not obey to strategies of teaching and evaluation similarly applied to other theoretical contents and that they are not limited to the use of reading and memorization are searched. At the same time, they are integrated in the paper, authors that indicate that the evaluation of clinical aspects must include other elements, as they are, clinical competences. Theoretical conceptualizations from different authors in relation to the learning, the evaluation of clinical contents, and the competences present in the teaching of clinic and its learning are developed. KEY WORDS: teaching, learning, evaluation, clinic, psychology.
41. TITLE: Methodological maneuvers designed to minimize bleeding during endoscopic nasal surgery. AUTHORS: José Carlos Espín Reyes, Dayan Stefanie Calderón Torres, Francisco Javier Jaramillo Álvarez, Katherine Noemi Hernández Freire, Carlos Esteban Huilca Tapia, Andrea Estefania López Palma. ABSTRACT: Endoscopic nasal surgery is a surgical alternative that combined with the experience in conventional surgical procedures and new technologies guarantees fewer complications. Bleeding is one of the complications that can be observed in this surgical procedure, so controlling the conditions that favor this complication is one of the priorities of the medical team. This work aims to systematize the methodological maneuvers aimed at minimizing hemorrhage during endoscopic nasal surgery. KEY WORDS: surgery, surgical methodological maneuvers, bleeding, endoscopic surgery, nasal surgery.
42. TITLE: Educate the nursing student to face the death process. AUTHORS: Alicia Morales Iturio, Maximina Gil Nava, Blanca Estela Sánchez Jaimes, Patricia Ramírez Martínez, Leticia Abarca Gutiérrez. ABSTRACT: Both birth and death are two different transcendental events in the life of the human being; however, talking about death is difficult because it represents not only the physical and biological part, but also a constellation of individual and collective experiences that mark the life of the dying person; so, the adolescent student of the Nursing career must face this process with all normality according to the profession in which she/he is being formed. The present paper responds to a research carried out with Nursing students who attend clinical practices in the Health Services of the State of Guerrero. KEY WORDS: death process, Nursing students, clinical practices, health services.
43. TITLE: A pending issue: health education on common pediatric emergencies in primary health care. AUTHORS: Katherine Natalie Guzmán López, Jessica Maribel Ocaña Guevara, Omar Santiago Quintana Domínguez, Gabriel Alejandro Villacis Taco, Katherin Paola Camacho Castillo, Margarita Isabel Paguay Amaguaya. ABSTRACT: The separation in different levels of care of pediatric care, conditions the risk of lack of communication between these levels, which affects the quality of the assistance provided. On the other hand, pediatric emergency services are characterized by being overcrowded with patients, most of who do not qualify for care in these areas. This article focuses on offering some considerations about how health education about common pediatric emergencies in primary health care is a pending issue. KEY WORDS: health education, levels of care, primary health care, pediatric care, pediatric emergencies.
44. TITLE: Values and antivalues in health professionals. AUTHORS: Regla Cristina Valdés Cabodevilla, Izaida Lis Montero López, Nayela Martín Barceló, María de los Ángeles Leyva Montero, Raisa Rodríguez Duque, Rolando Teruel Ginés. ABSTRACT: In the middle of a boiling polemic, indicative of its conceptual diversity and its thematic amplitude, values are understood as generalized and lasting beliefs about the personal and social convenience of certain modes of behavior. In particular, professional values arise from the consensus between universal values and the interests of the profession, which are enhanced and reinforced during the institutional training process, and then, become features or characteristics of individual and professional personnel. The purpose of this article is to restart the debate on values and antivalues in health professionals. KEY WORDS: values, professional values, values in health professionals, antivalues in health professionals.
45. TITLE: Public–Private Partnership (PPP) in Health Care of Russia: sociological research. AUTHORS: Kristina Gera, Mariia Rubtcova. ABSTRACT: The article is devoted to the new, though rapidly developing social and economical phenomenon in health care system of Russia - Public-Private Partnership (PPP). The purpose of the study is to show the influence of the PPP implementation in health care. Data comes from analysis of 23 registered PPP medical centers. The methodology is a structured observation and social mapping method. The current research was carried out in the year 2016 in Russia. The results show controversial situation when PPP idea has some economic success but has no sufficient impact in decrease of mortality. KEY WORDS: Public Private Partnership, Healthcare, Social Partnership, Sociology, Russia.
46. TITLE: Strategy for the orientation to the family of the rural context to favor the social inclusion of their children with mild mental retardation. AUTHORS: Ciro Ángel Riverón Ovalle, Ana Irma Nogueras Planas, Yusleidys Rodríguez Aguilar. ABSTRACT: In this article is shown a pedagogic strategy that is addressed to the family orientation of the rural context, to favor the social inclusion of its children with mild mental retardation. It is structured in stages and phases, in which actions are conceived to achieve the general objective of the strategy. Requirements are also shown for their instrumentation. The social inclusion in Cuba is the purpose of the Special Education; from here, there is the value to develop actions that guarantee and enhance the full social equality among children with and without special educational necessities. KEY WORDS: mild mental retardation, social inclusion, family orientation, rural context.
47. TITLE: The historical sporting event. Approach for its study in the knowledge system of the History of Physical Culture program in Higher Education. AUTHORS: José Guillermo Montero Quesada, Osvaldo Javier Martín Agüero. ABSTRACT: In a study carried out in the Faculty of Physical Culture of the University of Las Tunas, it is detected that in the subject of History of Physical Culture are insufficient the theoretical and methodological resources for the application of historical knowledge in function of the current problems in The Sport Sphere, identifying itself as a problem: the insufficient learning of the history of the sport in the students who attend the degree in Physical Culture that limit their integral formation, for which it is proposed the elaboration of a set of theoretical and methodological requirements for the teaching of History of Sport, based on the theoretical and historiographical assumptions of the approach to the study of the historical sporting event. KEY WORDS: Sport, the historic sporting event, the teaching of History.
48. TITLE: The decline of the Humanities in Mexico: Positioning analysis. AUTHORS: Efraín Alfredo Barragán-Perea, Concepción Luján-Álvarez, Luz Elena Guzmán-Ibarra, Humberto Luján-Álvarez. Jorge Alfonso Jiménez-Castro, María del Carmen Gutiérrez-Díez. ABSTRACT: The article addresses the problem of low demand for the study of humanistic careers in Mexico, taking as a case study the Faculty of Philosophy and Letters of the Autonomous University of Chihuahua. The objective was to determine the level of positioning of the institution's careers among potential candidates, as well as strategies for their positioning. A survey instrument was designed and applied with statistical basis, to collect data in 17 high school institutions, public and private, in the city of Chihuahua, Chih., Mexico. We found a poor positioning of the educational offer due to inefficient marketing communication strategies, as well as new strategies to position the careers. KEY WORDS: Educational marketing, marketing communication, higher education, study trends, educational development.
49. TITLE: Pedagogic strategy for the development of patriotism as civic value in the area of Social Sciences. AUTHOR: Estefanía Toasa Chicaiza. ABSTRACT: The present research project has as main objective the development of patriotism as a civic value, through the application of a pedagogical strategy in the area of Social Studies. On the other hand, the methodology is framed in a mixed approach, as well as in an experimental design, specifically, a quasi-experiment, with a sample of 22 students, the same one that was submitted to the application of diverse instruments of collection of data like surveys, objective tests and observation sheets, since it was not only necessary to know the level of knowledge of the students but also to observe behaviors. Likewise, the type of research is experimental, descriptive and bibliographical. KEY WORDS: values, patriotism, pedagogic strategy.
50. TITLE: Teaching strategies for moral mediation: a theoretical review. AUTHORS: Jesús López Luna, Martín López Calva. ABSTRACT: Taking the sociocultural-dialogical model of moral development as a frame of reference, this article intends to identify the teaching strategies used for the moral education of students. Based on a documentary study that covered all education system levels, the various means referred to in each of the works reviewed were identified and categorized. Twenty research reports were selected and analyzed, from which five groups of mediation strategies were put together. Observing moral education as a mediation process allows us to see the importance of the strategies and materials used for this purpose, as well as the positive effects that a teacher’s example can have on students. KEY WORDS: Cultural tools, mediation, moral mediation, moral education, moral.
51. TITLE: Practice of values and its incidence in the self-esteem of students. AUTHORS: José Patricio Muñoz Murillo, Marie Lía Velásquez Vera, Virginia Estefanía Zambrano Rodríguez. ABSTRACT: Children and young people are considered as fundamental axes in society; the objective of this work was to analyze the practice of values in the family and its impact on the self-esteem of students of the Mixed Fiscal School Dr. Luis Cordero Crespo. A methodological design was used based on bibliographical and field methods, and as research techniques the survey directed to students, teachers and parents of family, and the interview directed to the director of the school; information that served to demonstrate that the practical scarcity of values in the family significantly affects the self-esteem of the students. KEY WORDS: self-esteem, values, students, parents.
52. TITLE: Educational aspects and their impact on the capacity of innovation of nations. AUTHORS: Antonio Favila Tello, América Ivonne Zamora Torres. ABSTRACT: This paper seeks to address the attention toward the relationship between the educational characteristics of nations and their innovative capacity, from an empirical approach. This analysis is based on the hypothesis that the innovative capacity of the selected countries is determined by their spending on education, the quality of their basic education, their number of graduates in science and engineering, their spending on Research and Development (R & D) and the quality of their universities. This relationship is tested through a Generalized Linear Model. The results suggest that the independent variables with the greatest explanatory power are spending on R & D and the quality of universities. KEY WORDS: Education, innovation, determinants, capacity, model.
53. TITLE: The social responsibility of the university before the challenges of environmental deterioration. AUTHORS: Bryan Steven Macías Silva, Evelyn Carolina Macías Silva, Marco Antonio Aquino Rojas, Ángela Cecibel Moreno Novillo. ABSTRACT: Nowadays, the environmental deterioration, product of the industrial activity and the demographic explosion in the last two centuries, places the contemporary society in a context where the processes of production and evaluation of its environmental impact must be reformulated. In the Ecuadorian republic, both legality and public institutions strongly support the care of the environment and recognize the weight of social responsibility of the contemporary university in this important task. These pages attempt to examine, from a sociological point of view, the responsibility of the Ecuadorian university in the face of the challenges of environmental deterioration. KEY WORDS: environmental impact, social responsibility, care for the environment, Ecuadorian University.
54. TITLE: Anthropocene and climate change: the absence of the common in activities and human habits that make up the environment. AUTHORS: Sandra Baquedano Jer, Claudia Donoso Sabando. ABSTRACT: The disproportionate impact of human action on the composition of the environment staged the idea that we would be immersed in a new geological epoch: the Anthropocene. In a journey through the different phases of its development, we see the supremacy of the personal interests of groups of our species to the detriment of the others; a tendency that becomes massive and radicalizes in the dynamics of exclusion at the level of intra and extra-human spheres, developed from the possessive market society. By continuing to prioritize this modus operandi, even in agreements that seek to confront it, the notion of the common is explored in this article to claim, from its environmental implications, another relationship with nature, different from the prevailing one. KEY WORDS: Anthropocene, climate change, environment, common, nature.
55. TITLE: Preliminaries to design a plan of training and awareness in cyber-security: Differentiating knowledge, habits and perceptions of users of different ages. AUTHORS: Ramón Ventura Roque Hernández, Frida Carmina Caballero Rico, Abraham Rogelio del Carmen de la Peña. ABSTRACT: This paper presents a research that compared knowledge, habits, and perceptions about information security between people younger than 35 years and people 35 years or older. This comparison was performed to elicit their requirements for a training and awareness program. 71 non-professional users of computer systems were surveyed. T and Chi-squared tests were performed to establish significant differences. Young people perceived they were more knowledgeable in Information Systems, Virus and Cyber-Security. They also had better passwords and a low level of concern about information theft. Young people were more likely to install illegal software in their computers than older people. We conclude that it is important to promote training and awareness in both groups taking into consideration their particular needs. KEY WORDS: information security, Education, users, habits, perceptions.
56. TITLE: The “nostalgic pathos”: the Cuba of Sigfredo Ariel. AUTHOR: Liuvan Herrera Carpio. ABSTRACT: The study analyzes the poetry of Sigfredo Ariel (1987-2011) through the representation of what could be called a mythical archetype, where Cuban history is treated as a tense confluence of two temporalities: a mythical one referred to the representation of the nation in an act of literary perdurability and, another historical one, related to the finite. The analysis of the theme of "nostalgic pathos" shows subtopics such as the historical destruction through the durability of culture; the lost and recoverable spaces through the mechanism of music; the (re) semantization in the nomenclature of these Caribbean spaces and the recreation of life passages of high voices of Cuban poetry - Julián del Casal, Dulce María Loynaz - and Spanish -Luis Cernuda-. KEY WORDS: Literature, Sigfredo Ariel, Cuban poetry, nostalgic pathos.
57. TITLE: Design, validation and analysis of the reliability of a visual inspection tool for assessing tire wear. Case study. AUTHORS: Alex Giovanny Tenicota García, Stalin Eduardo Nuela Sevilla, Cristian David Redrobán Dillón, Ángel Daniel Larrea Moreano, Edisson Fernando Calderón Freire, Cesar Daniel Arregui Toro. ABSTRACT: The lack of instruments and technical requirements in the processes of collection and dumping of solid waste is a serious social problem. In this context, the systematic assessment of collection trucks is an essential factor. The results of the design, validation and analysis of the reliability of a tire wear inspection instrument for waste collection trucks are presented. To evaluate content validity, the Delphy method was applied and the agreement between experts was assessed using the Kendall coefficient. The factorial analysis by main components was carried out in order to evaluate the construct validity. KEY WORDS: instrument design, instrument validation, instrument reliability, visual inspection of tire wear, truck tires, solid waste collection.
58. TITLE: Contract management in the engineering projects of integrated management. AUTHORS: Laura María Santalla Rodríguez, Roberto Delgado Víctore, Rosa María Méndez Pérez, Alicia Espinosa Gronzo, Jefrey Blanco González. ABSTRACT: The infrastructure of a country is developed through investment projects in the construction sector, being the "turnkey" method one of the most widespread at the international level. Within this framework, the Integrated Project Management (DIP) is applied, where the contracting process regulates the physical, economic and time requirements of the project. For this reason, the objective of the research is to propose a solution for the management of the contracts in the DIP between the interested parties, supported in the information systems. As a result, a procedure was obtained that allows the project to be executed in parallel with the DIP and the contracting process. KEY WORDS: project management, contract, informational system.
59. TITLE: The Immanence of Information and Labor. AUTHORS: Jaime F. Cárdenas-García, Bruno Soria de Mesa, Diego Romero Castro. ABSTRACT: The objective of this article is to define information so as to allow its discovery as an element in any labor process, emphasizing its material nature and permitting the extrapolation and use of the concept of information as a physical/material entity, with corresponding attributes as any other physical/material object, leading to the discovery that information content is immanent in the exertion of human labor in the form of concrete use values and abstract labor; perspective which allows a fundamental differentiation between the industrial age and the information age. A result that allows exploration of the impact that such an approach provides in the exploitation of labor before and after the information age, illustrated using several examples. KEY WORDS: Information, labor, materiality of labor, industrial age, information age.
60. TITLE: Lessons learned about the evolution of employment of Ecuadorian families in the Sierra region. AUTHORS: María Gabriela González Bautista, Eduardo Gwermán Zurita Moreano, Patricio Alejandro Sánchez Cuesta, María Eugenia Borja Lombeida, Magdala de Jesús Lema Espinoza, Víctor Hugo Vasconez Samaniego. ABSTRACT: Work is one of the most important activities, not only for social integration and adequate family dynamics, but also for the psychological adjustment of individuals. Based on Arango’s model (2008), an analysis of the unified basic salary and its influence on the employment evolution of Ecuadorian families in the Sierra region was made. Statistical series of the Central Bank of Ecuador and the National Institute of Statistics and Census were used, among others. KEY WORDS: unified basic salary, income of the economic sectors, family, employment, Ecuadorian Sierra region.
61. TITLE: Corporate social responsibility as an indispensable value for the financial analysis of Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) in Bolívar province, Ecuador. AUTHORS: Jenny Esthefania Basantez Sánchez, Mario Enrique Escobar Gortaire, Verónica del Carmen Argüello Delgado, Carmen Mercedes Montes Rosero. ABSTRACT: This article analyzes some theoretical assumptions that underlie and reveal the importance of corporate social responsibility as an indispensable value for financial analysis of Small and Medium Businesses (SMB), seen from the training process of Accounting and Finance professionals at the State University of Bolivar, Ecuador, as a component for the formulation and implementation of plans and programs with this content; an aspect of utmost importance in the current context of SMB. KEY WORDS: corporate social responsibility, financial analysis, training of professionals.
62. TITLE: Constitutional control of normative acts in the Ecuadorian jurisprudence. AUTHORS: Olger Quizhpe Castro, Jenny Ojeda Chamba, Yeni Iñahuazo Chamba. ABSTRACT: In this article, it is analyzed the constitutional control of normative acts as a mechanism to consolidate the principle of constitutional supremacy within the Ecuadorian legal system, mainly focuses on the study of the law, the doctrine and the judgments solved by the Constitutional Court with regard to the actions of unconstitutionality raised against regulatory acts. KEY WORDS: Constitutional control, action of unconstitutionality, normative acts, supremacy, jurisprudence.
63. TITLE: Community participation in Mexican social policy. AUTHORS: José Merced Téllez Silva, William Gómez Demetrio, Francisco Herrera Tapia, Ramiro Medrano González. ABSTRACT: Community participation as social and political elements is an important line of study for its implications and effects on local level. Nowadays, the inclusive public policies with territorial approach integrate the role of the community organization as key element for achieving its objectives; therefore, it is essential to analyze its dimensions. Under this logic, the issue of community participation in the implementation of the social policy that sustain the National Crusade against Hunger in Mexico is discussed to contribute to the conceptual framework on community participation, that intervenes in the public policies with social court. KEY WORDS: poverty, social inclusion, community development, governance, public policies.
64. TITLE: The Public Health of Ecuador in its legal and normative framework. AUTHORS: Martha Cecilia Bonilla Caicedo, Silvana Patricia Andrade Álvarez, Bruno Wilfrido Soria De Mesa. ABSTRACT: Public Health Policies in Ecuador are established with programs, projects, plans and strategies framed in the promotion of health, the prevention of disease with quality care and the improvement of the quality of life. The implementation of policies, at country level, have been developed widely during the last decade thanks to the modification of the national health system and the Constitution of 2008, guaranteeing the right to health, through policies of universal access to health services and health networks, gratuity, intersectoral articulation, and inclusion with an approach of interculturality and social participation, that make work viable in health in all life cycles, to provide comprehensive and integrated care. KEY WORDS: health, public policy, good living, MAIS-FCI, health services.
65. TITLE: Preliminary results of an approach to the application of public educational policies and Good Living in the framework of a Student Project of Knowledge Integration. AUTHORS: Olga Gloria Barbón Pérez, Amparo Lilian Cazorla Basantes, Liuvan Herrera Carpio, Mónica Noemí Cadena Figueroa. ABSTRACT: According to UNESCO, higher education must be closely interdependent with the rest of the educational levels. In Ecuador, few publications give account of studies that address the educational problem of the middle level. In zone 3 of the country, this shortage becomes more acute. The Faculty of Education, Humanities and Technology Sciences of the National University of Chimborazo, in coordination with the Education District, has made an approach to the application of public educational policies and Good Living, within the framework of the Student Project of Knowledge Integration of the same name. The present work presents preliminary results. KEY WORDS: higher education, links with society, public education policies, Good Living, Student Project Integration of Knowledge.
66. TITLE: The production of sugar cane and its impact on the economic situation in the sugar cane farmers of Huamboya canton. AUTHORS: Luis Antonio Velasco Matveev, Maritza L. Vaca Cárdenas, Diego Iván Cajamarca Carrazco, Luis Agustín Condolo Ortíz. ABSTRACT: In current socio-economic scenarios, sugar cane cultivation represents an option for the agricultural producers of the sub-Andean valleys. This implies that the countries of the region must face the typical problems of the sugar agroindustry, of a multicausal, multidisciplinary and complex nature, in order to achieve a true development of sustainable agriculture. The objective of this work is to identify the economic situation of this human group, contrast it with its productive characteristics, but above all, to identify their potential from a humanist perspective with a marked intention of improving their farming systems, increasing their productivity and modifying the economic-financial status of the population of the Huamboya canton in Morona Santiago province. KEY WORDS: family economy, production, sugarcane, economic situation, sugarcane growers.