Year V, Publication no.2, January 2018
(January 1st to April 30th, 2018).
“Contemporary dilemmas: Education, Politics and Values” is pleased to present to its readers and collaborators edition: Year V, Publication 2, January 2018, corresponding to the period january 1st to april 30th, 2018. This e-journal is inserted in the national and international context with 65 articles from 9 countries (Argentina, Azerbaijan, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Jordan, Mexico, Spain), which deal with academic and research activities related to the authors´ daily activities in the working areas of this journal. Thanks a lot for your preference with our journal.
1. TITLE: Zemelman and the dynamic relations of subjects at school. AUTHOR: Yovany Ospina Nieto. ABSTRACT: This paper is a revision exercise from the position of Zemelman and becomes a theoretical proposal focused on the dynamic relationships established by the subjects in school. This epistemic construct recreates the research project called: Social representations of school conflict. The research promoted the construction and reading of the subjectivation process in teaching practice for the analysis of the social meaning of Education and the different dimensions of the teaching-learning process. This article addresses the challenge of a conceptualization of the socio-historical reality that breaks with the separation between reality, as externality, and the subject. KEY WORDS: Subject, subjectivity, learning, epistemic thinking.
2. TITLE: Criteria for integrating contemporary educational models with learning evaluation strategies in universities. AUTHORS: Magdalena Inés Ullauri Moreno, María Dolores Vallejo Peñafiel, Mónica Noemí Cadena Figueroa, Alexander Fernando Vinueza Jara. ABSTRACT: Characterizing and systematizing the guidelines that configure the learning evaluation process is becoming more pressing in our universities, because of its importance for reflection and decision making inherent to any optimization of teaching. The present work focuses on systematizing criteria to integrate contemporary educational models with the strategies of evaluation of learning in universities. As a result of the systematization carried out, lines of work are contributed that assist in overcoming the current limitations, by presenting some of the criteria that learning evaluation strategies in the universities must meet to be integrated to the contemporary educational models. KEY WORDS: higher education, contemporary educational models, learning evaluation strategies.
3. TITLE: Researching of dependence between the self-realization and academic achievement of the students from different professional occupations. AUTHOR: Rashid Vakil Jabbarov. ABSTRACT: In this research work, the directions of students' self-realization, having various professional counseling, educational level, gender status and also, the influence of socio-economic status (high or low) to the students' self-realization in the background of their academic achievement are investigated. Unlike female students, there is a positive and significant correlation between the level of male student's self-realization and their academic achievement. KEY WORDS: student, self-realization, self-esteem, academic achievement, professional counseling.
4. TITLE: Professional expectations. An analysis from the school trajectories of university students. AUTHOR: Juana Estela Maza Navarro. ABSTRACT: This article describes, in a quantitative way, the professional expectations of university students from the School of Electronic Sciences in the Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla during the previous stage of institutional graduation. The first findings reveal three types of expectations, characterized as: a) professional, b) academic and c) mixed, which are described from six different school trajectories identified from three dimensions: school, work and family. KEY WORDS: Professional expectations, school trajectory, subjectivity.
5. TITLE: Statistics applied to educational research. AUTHOR: Michel Enrique Gamboa Graus. ABSTRACT: This work focused on the usefulness of Statistics for educational researches. This was done by presenting aspects related to fundamental concepts such as population, sample, statistical variables, measurement scales, among others, linked to display and analysis of statistical data. The article presented examples of how to apply such concepts to educational researches, according to the context and the purpose of the research, as well as shortcomings that appear in this regard. In addition, the author presented the topic of changing ordinal scales to others of evenly distributed intervals. In addition, he insisted on the need to synthesize data into representative values and take into account the impact of the results on the sample as a whole. KEY WORDS: Applied statistics, educational research.
6. TITLE: The endogenous-researching perspective in Higher Education. AUTHORS: Lorna Cruz Rizo, Eneida Catalina Matos Hernández, José Manuel Benítez García. ABSTRACT: From the social demand of research results to universities, in its relation to the fragmentation of university substantive processes that interfere in the process of production of scientific knowledge, research process in Higher Education Institutions is studied from its integration with the rest of the university substantive processes. Through the systematization of experiences, in a coherent relation to the revision of web pages form Latin American universities, theoretical and practical inconsistencies were revealed in the scientific knowledge process production, from the essences of the identitarian university cultural context, considered as weaknesses in the endogenous processes, from which a procedural rationale of the endogenous research is proposed. Said rationale is applicable to a diversity of university contexts. KEY WORDS: research, substantive processes, scientific knowledge, systematization, endogenization.
7. TITLE: Participatory teaching practices in contemporary educational models. AUTHORS: Belkis Rojas Hernández, Luis Amaury Rodríguez Ramírez. ABSTRACT: The paper is based on the results of a postdoctoral study in the Sociology Department, University of Ghent, Belgium, Erasmus Program. We thank Dr. Raf Vanderstraeten for the attention and support given to us in the analysis of the information collected. An analysis of teaching practices in Cuban classrooms is introduced, with the aim of providing answers to questions as: does the school fulfill the socializing function of preparing the individual for the exercise of participation? Does the school have creative teachers and values trainers through dialogue and communication? How to achieve participation in school? The content centers the attention on the participatory action research and the ethnographic method. KEY WORDS: school, participation, teaching practices, socializing function, socialization.
8. TITLE: Typology of Universities: a proposal from the role of the head executive. AUTHORS: Francisco Ganga Contreras, Patricio Viancos. ABSTRACT: The paper is aimed at proposing a typology of universities, according to role played by the Rector in his Maximum Collegiate Body of his institution. To achieve this objective, the documentary exploration was used (review of articles and documents that approach the topics related to the typologies). As a result, it was possible to relate the tendencies of the typologies focused on the governments of the institutions of Higher Education and identify the purpose for which they are established. Along with this, it was possible to build a typology corresponding to the role of the Rector in his Maximum Collegiate Body. KEY WORDS: university governance, universities, Maximum Collegiate Bodies, Higher Education.
9. TITLE: Accreditation of quality in institutions of higher education: challenges still pending in Latin America. AUTHORS: Jorge Eduardo Martínez Iñiguez, Sergio Tobón Tobón, Evangelina López Ramírez. ABSTRACT: The purpose of the paper is to analyze some of the challenges of quality accreditation processes in higher education in Latin America. As a methodology, a documentary research was carried out. The outstanding results were that quality accreditation should focus on the performance of universities and not on administrative processes, assess training for the knowledge society, ensure the transformation of traditional practices focused on content by addressing problems of the context and recognize and promote innovation. In conclusion, it is necessary to improve the accreditation processes by focusing on the relevant training in line with the knowledge society. KEY WORDS: quality of education, accreditation, evaluation of education, Latin America, higher education.
10. TITLE: Grammatical problems of prepositions facing Spanish–English program students at Al al-Bayt University. AUTHOR: Ali Saleh Al ewaidat. ABSTRACT: The present study offers research results of problems related to the use of prepositions in students of the Spanish - English Program at the University of Al al-Bayt. The study population was made up of 50 students who study the bilingual Spanish-English specialty and the achievement test was used as the main means for collecting data. The test included five prepositions: "a", "en", "de", "para" and "por", in addition to 22 questions containing 22 different uses and meanings of the aforementioned prepositions. The study included the collection and dump of data, which have been treated following statistical, descriptive and analytical methods related to the use of prepositions. KEY WORDS: prepositions, mistakes, Spanish.
11. TITLE: Gnoseological characterization of the teaching-learning process of the Mathematical subject in the Cuban multigrade school. AUTHOR: José Luis Lissabet Rivero. ABSTRACT: The presented article is one of the scientific results obtained by the author in one of the scientific tasks of the I+D+i Project "The rural school: improvement of some processes", associated to the Ramal Program of the Ministry of Education "Current Problems of the Cuban Educational System. Development perspectives". The objective was "to carry out the gnoseological characterization of the teaching-learning process of this subject", taking as central axis of analysis and reflection the determination of the categorical system: concepts, laws and theories that constitute the theoretical base that the Mathematics contributes to the formation of the square of the world that is intended to form in the scholars. KEY WORDS: multigrade school, mathematical subject, gnoseological characterization, categorial system.
12. TITLE: Reading, circulation of ideas and new ways of thinking forged from the university environment in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century. AUTHOR: Amparo Lilian Cazorla Basantes. ABSTRACT: The influence of Universidad Santo Tomas de Aquino in the formation of a social conscience and the establishment of a political culture in Ecuador is recognized, but this work is the first systematic attempt to make these contributions explicit. An approach, centered on the social-historical analysis of representative statements, seeks to visualize and problematize the relationship between the readings made and the new forms of thinking forged from the university environment. This study explores works of the academic environment of the mid and late eighteenth century and the articulation of the reading practices of Quito intellectuals, in the newly created university, with the construction of visions in the political sphere. KEY WORDS: Reading, circulation of ideas, new ways of thinking, university environment, history.
13. TITLE: Methodology for the treatment of chemical nomenclature in the pedagogical specialties of Biology and Chemistry. AUTHORS: Guillermo Houari Mesa Briñas, Raúl Addine Fernández, Mildred Rebeca Blanco Gómez. ABSTRACT: Chemical nomenclature is a content affected by traditional forms of transmission of knowledge that do not favor its assimilation and its link with life. The paper addresses the domain of this content and proposes a methodology based on its contextualization to materialize that link, which constitutes a current challenge in its treatment, characterized by an academicism in its teaching that limits the social approach. The solution to this problem is a challenge because it integrates the social and the academic aspects through its contextualization. The proposed methodology consists of four procedures and three optional work variants. Its application, through the pedagogical experiment, showed its potential to solve the delimited problem. KEY WORDS: chemical nomenclature, contextualization, teaching-learning process.
14. TITLE: Problems from an International Math Olympiad problem. Purposes and didactic considerations. AUTHOR: Carlos Manuel Hernández Hechavarría. ABSTRACT: Although the importance of the problems and their didactic treatment in the teaching - learning of Mathematics is totally recognized by the scientific community, there are still difficulties associated with the need to modify exercises and problems considering the beliefs, needs and potential of the students. In this sense, difficulties are revealed and alternative solutions are presented for different purposes. Variants of problems and didactic considerations are presented on the basis of a geometry problem of the International Mathematical Olympiad held in 1978, the transformations of the problem are carried out in terms of basic contents and levels of exigencies, aspect of central importance in the differentiation of the teaching - learning, which can serve as a model for a better preparation of teachers. KEY WORDS: Problems, Didactics, Geometry, GeoGebra, Mathematics.
15. TITLE: Epistemic reflections around the didactic treatment of the lexicon in the initial formation of professors of Spanish-Literature. AUTHORS: Grechel Calzadilla Vega, Marlen Aurora Domínguez Hernández, Roberto Fernando Valledor Estevill. ABSTRACT: The didactics of the mother language, centered in the formation of competent communicators, demands a prioritized treatment of the lexical content in the professors of Spanish-literature initial formation, since this it requires to dominate a considerable number of words and knowledge to use them in any communicative context, at the same time that to teach to others to learn them and to use them appropriately. The apprehended lexical content rebounds on the cognitive, affective and social development and it plays a fundamental part in the teaching-learning process; also, it constitutes the vehicle of transmission of the culture and a central element in the configuration of the individual cosmovision. In the article, there is reflection around the foundations that sustain the treatment of the lexicon in the declared context. KEY WORDS: Lexicon, lexical readiness, communicative competence, didactic treatment of the lexicon.
16. TITLE: Challenges of schools in Nuevo León, facing the academic achievement in primary education. AUTHORS: Diana Carolina Treviño Villarreal, Mario Alberto González Medina. ABSTRACT: There are factors involved in the achievement of students in the educational context, highlighting the managerial leadership, the assessment and attitude of teachers, and the climate and Bullying; therefore, this research addresses the relationship between these factors with the results in Language and Math in elementary schools in Nuevo León, México, on the basis of the Comparative and Explanatory Third Regional Study. The factors that were significantly associated were executive leadership with the climate and Bullying, Bullying with school climate, and school climate with the assessment and attitude of the teaching staff. Assessment and attitude of the teaching staff was the only factor directly associated with academic performance. KEY WORDS: Academic performance, leadership, teacher attitudes, school climate, Bullying.
17. TITLE: Didactic use of WhatsApp to develop the participation of students in the foreign language learning. AUTHORS: Lenin Iván Lara Olivo, Marcelo Eduardo Allauca Peñafiel, Lorena Maribel Yumi Guacho, Carmen Cecilia Mejía Calle, Carmita Eulalia Rojas Castro, Mónica Alejandra Logroño Becerra, Washington Gilberto Luna Encalada. ABSTRACT: The multimedia resources provided by the WhatsApp application contribute to the development of students´ participation in the process of foreign language learning. The digital formats (text, image, audio, video, links) provided by this application support educational purposes and constitute an innovative and attractive alternative communication channel between student - teacher and student - student, which greatly facilitates the exchange of information and the collective construction of knowledge. In addition to motivating participation, the use of WhatsApp in language classes supports the development of cognitive skills and communication skills as well as the social interaction that is synonymous with participation, all of which are fundamental objectives of the learning process of a new language. KEY WORDS: WhatsApp, participation, foreign language learning.
18. TITLE: Partial results of the study of pertinence of the Clinical Psychology career in the National University of Chimborazo. AUTHORS: María Soledad Fierro Villacreses, Jenny Rocío Tenezaca Sánchez, César Eduardo Ponce Guerra, Lilian Verónica Granizo Lara. ABSTRACT: In the Ecuadorian context, any study of pertinence has at its base the current model of higher education. This is based on the conjugation of three fundamental principles: democratization, quality and relevance; however, it calls attention the scarce use that higher education professionals have made of research to transform the processes that pay to the social relevance of specific careers. The article focuses on partial results of the study of pertinence of Clinical Psychology career in the National University of Chimborazo; process that allowed verifying that this new career, in its curricular redesign, is oriented to generate and apply knowledge with a strong social value. KEY WORDS: curricular redesign, study of pertinence, university career, Clinical Psychology.
19. TITLE: Understanding the historical phases of Didactics to resignify Didactics for the formation of competences. AUTHOR: Amelia Dolores López Fuentevilla. ABSTRACT: In this article the historical phases of the Didactics were explained, making a general reference to its characteristics and the authors representing them. Each phase was related to the Didactic for the formation of competences, justifying from this relationship how Didactics is currently interpreted under this approach. Finally, we intended to resignify the concept of Didactics for the formation of competences, locating that its foundation is the didactic situation and the epistemic phase or paradigm of rationality is based on the critical orientation of Didactics. KEY WORDS: historical phases of the Didactics, Didactic for the formation of competences, resignify, critical didactic.
20. TITLE: Theoretical conceptions about the development of the competence for the assessment of demential syndromes in gerontogeriatric patients in the training of Bachelor in Nursing. AUTHOR: Patricia Ramírez Martínez. ABSTRACT: The growth of life expectancies, in most of the countries of the world, has brought diseases of the elderly, among which are the demential syndromes, which mainly affect lifestyle and increase costs in health systems. The superspecialization strategy of some profesionals has fragmented the disciplinary knowledge and the visión of integrality of the people served, aspects that fundamentally affect the processes of humanization of health care; this is why the importance of creating an educational strategy based on competencies, which allows the effective assessment of the demential syndromes by the nursing student. KEY WORDS: life expectancy, demential syndromes, nursing student, educational strategy, competences.
21. TITLE: Theoretical and methodological approaches on the problem of the development of the competence of teaching self-care to patients with Diabetes Mellitus in students of the Bachelor of Nursing. AUTHOR: María Leticia Abarca Gutiérrez. ABSTRACT: The paper presents a bibliographical review that supports the proposal of an educational strategy to strengthen the competence of teaching self-care to patients with Diabetes Mellitus II in undergraduate students of Nursing at the Autonomous University of Guerrero. The importance of the development of the educational strategy aimed at improving the process of nursing care in terms of individualized care for patients with this condition for the training of students of the Bachelor of Nursing is highlighted. KEY WORDS: Educational strategy, competencies, self-care, nursing, diabetes mellitus type 2.
22. TITLE: Strategy for motivation and significant learning in the subjects Parasitology I and II through clinical cases in the Nursing career, Faculty of Health Sciences, Babahoyo Technical University. AUTHORS: Alina Izquierdo Cirer, Elisa Boucourt Rodríguez, Constantino Darromán Hall. ABSTRACT: Today's society demands from universities the formation of professionals that work with autonomy, competence and efficiency in demanding scenarios, which implies a pedagogical strategy based on solid theoretical and practical foundations that will ensure the training of the highest quality in the professional practice of graduates. Researchers have been proposed to assess the impact on the students of fourth and fifth semester of the Nursing career, Babahoyo Technical University, of the teaching problem method conceptualized through clinical cases, as a didactic strategy for the achievement of motivation in the subjects: Parasitology I and II. The results of the implementation of such a strategy in the teaching process are presented. KEY WORDS: teaching strategy, universities, and clinical cases.
23. TITLE: Teaching-learning methodological strategies for nursing students: improving the quality of nursing professional formation. AUTHORS: Marlys Leal Oyarzún, Mónica Illesca Pretty, Luis González Osorio. ABSTRACT: This paper analyzes the methodological strategies with a Behavioral and Constructivist approach used in the formation of health professionals with a reflexive optic in the nursing students of Los Lagos University. The results showed that the teaching-learning strategies with a Constructivist approach favor the professional development, although in Higher Education, and even more, in the health professionals, they are still used in combination with the Behavioral approach. It is clear that nursing professionals spent their training in a complex way, overcoming multiple factors, which in turn, are transformed into improvement opportunities to teach with quality standards. KEY WORDS: nursing students, nursing education, syllabus.
24. TITLE: Research proposal about a didactic strategy based upon the role of the Mentor in the development of the competence of Clinical cases analysis in real scenarios in the Learning Unit of Farmacology in Nursing in students of 4th semester, Faculty of Nursing no.2, Autonomous University of Guerrero. AUTHORS: Silverio Petatán Mendoza. ABSTRACT: This paper is part of a doctoral research on Pedagogical Sciences, having as a base a didactic strategy on the role of the Mentor to integrate him in the teaching-learning process of the practice in Pharmacology, considering the theory-tractice dimension from the Mentor´s functions in the application of Pharmacology in Nursing in the students of 4th semester, Bachelor of Nursing, Faculty of Nursing no.2, Autonomous University of Guerrero. KEY WORDS: didactic strategy, the role of the Mentor, teaching-learning process, Nursing in Farmacology.
25. TITLE: Research project to support a didactic strategy aimed at strengthening the competence in the breast self-exploration and breast clinical exploration techniques for the breast cancer timely detection by students of the Faculty of Nursing no.2, Guerrero Autonomous University. AUTHOR: Francisca Pérez Núñez. ABSTRACT: This paper is aimed at proposing a research project to support a didactic strategy based on cognitive learning (visual, auditory and tactile) to strengthen the competence in the breast self-exploration and breast clinical exploration techniques by students of the Faculty of Nursing no. 2, Guerrero Autonomous University, and then, they can timely detect benign and malignant tumors during their performance in the clinical practices. KEY WORDS: competence, didactic strategy, breast self-exploration and breast clinical exploration techniques, cognitive learning: visual, auditory and tactile.
26. TITLE: Educative program for improving the therapeutically adherence in hypertensive elderly adults. AUTHORS: Minerba Hidalgo Cordero, Norge Manuel Larramendi Céspedes, Roger Ríos Escobar, Omar de Jesús Pérez Lozada, Yoendris Rafael Marín Saborit. ABSTRACT: The research deals with a study of hypertensive elderly adults that belong to one of the policlinics of Manzanillo municipality in Granma Province, Cuba. The main problematic situations of this research were: inadequate behaviors and believes, and the lack of knowledge about Hypertension in relation to the treatment, so that the purpose was: to elaborate an educative program in order to improve the culture of the medical treatment and the therapeutically adherence on these adults. The population sample was 50 patients. The methods used were theoretical and empirical. The main results found in the diagnosis were: the predominance of the female sex, the educational level and a married marital status. The lack of knowledge and the inadequate believes about hypertension were the main causes for designing the educative program. KEY WORDS: Educative Program, hypertensives, therapeutical adherence.
27. TITLE: Impact of educational workshops for the conservation and protection of forests in the environmental education of children. AUTHORS: Silvia Patricia Veloz Miño, Lilia del Carmen Villavicencio Narváez, Kathy Violeta Serrano Avalos, Martha Cecilia Avalos Pérez, María Fernanda Veloz Miño, Mónica Alexandra López Rodríguez. ABSTRACT: The article refers to an educational strategy based on educational workshops to strengthen ecological environmental culture related to the protection and conservation of forests in children. 180 students from the Intercultural Education Unit in Santiago de Quito, Colta canton were part of the research. The workshops promoted meaningful learning by means of the active participation of students, who assimilated the contents by connecting new learnings with their prior knowledge and family experiences. Using the Pearson Chi-square test, significant relationships were established between the educational workshops and the improvement in the positive criteria for forest protection and conservation. KEY WORDS: educational workshops, conservation, protection, forests, environmental education.
28. TITLE: A Clinical Objective Structured Evaluation (COSE) as an innovation and follow-up process of the professional profile of the Nutrition and Dietetics career in the Catholic University of Temuco, Chile. AUTHORS: Mauricio Cresp Barria, Valentina Espinoza, Claudia Machuca Barria, Ricardo García Hormazabal, Angélica Carter, Sergio Sanhueza. ABSTRACT: Facing the changes and challenges of the third millennium, inherent to the professional formation in quality, it is that Education must be focused from the perspective of the learner, a student-centered education. The present research aims at a clinical objective structured evaluation as a process of innovation and follow-up of the professional profile of students of Nutrition and Dietetics career, Catholic University of Temuco, Chile. It is a cross - sectional observational research based on a quantitative methodology composed of a COSE evaluation, Input - Output questionnaires that refer to the perceptions of preparation of the evaluated competences, and perceptions of the results obtained post evaluation. It is concluded to apply COSE of training cycles in the itineraries as a monitoring measure. KEY WORDS: Higher Education, Evaluation, Curriculum, students.
29. TITLE: Educative strategy for the prevention of Tuberculosis in 8th grade students. AUTHORS: Norge Manuel Larramendi Céspedes, Roger Ríos Escobar, Fernanda Nangula, Greisy Elvira Márquez Jurjo, Deysi Bárbara Remón Fonseca. ABSTRACT: The investigation deals with a study about the pedagogical prevention of Tuberculosis in 8th grade students from Omupanda School, Cunene province, Angola. The insufficiencies in the prevention of the pathology already mentioned was the principal problema, so that the aim was to elaborate an educative strategy for the prevention of Tuberculosis in order to achieve changes upon the inadequate lifestyles of the 8th grade adolescent students. Theoretical and empirical methods were used in this research. The main results were: the lack of knowledge about the disease, the insufficient activities to prevent it, inappropriate lifestyles, the insufficient preparation of professors about the theme and the lack of prevention of a pedagogical carácter. KEY WORDS: Educative strategy, pedagogical prevention, Tuberculosis.
30. TITLE: The teaching-methodological work as strengthener of the Nursing postgraduate education. AUTHORS: Guillermina Durán Arrieta, Norberto Valcárcel Izquierdo. ABSTRACT: The present research work is the result of the determination of six pillars that define the application of the teaching-methodological work in the Nursing postgraduate education in the context of the "Hermanos Ameijeiras" Hospital. These pillars are presented and characterized, as well as data on the results of their application in the reference context. KEY WORDS: teaching-methodological work, postgraduate education, Nursing.
31. TITLE: The methodological work in the research-labor training of the students of the Journalism major at the Holguín university. AUTHORS: Antonio Felipe Anido Vidal, Guadalupe Moreno Toiran, Odalys Mancebo Rivero. ABSTRACT: The present paper aims to demonstrate the potential of the methodological work in the research-labor training of students in their studies, having as a basic cell the collective academic year, in which the disciplines and subjects converge. It offers a methodological procedure that guides how to organize the work from these levels previously mentioned. Its practical application was demonstrated in the Journalism career, which favored the preparation of the teachers' group in the direction of the research-labor process of its students with relevant results. In order to achieve this, different methods were applied: analytical-synthetic, modeling, as well as research techniques that allowed validating the proposal in practice. KEY WORDS: methodological work, research-labor training.
32. TITLE: The dynamics of the teaching-learning process in the professional-basic subjects of the Technician in Agronomy: A didactic proposal. AUTHORS: Yamilka Sosa Oliva, Sonia García Jerez, Yury Bueno Montaña. ABSTRACT: This article is based on the results of a doctoral thesis defended in Pedagogic Sciences, and on a research project of innovation and didactic systematization for the formation of professionals, through the academic formation of postgrade in Pedagogical Sciences. This paper addresses the design of a didactic model of the dynamics of the teaching-learning process of the professional basic subjects of the Technician in Agronomy. The purpose of the model is to favor the development of the depth of the agronomic contents of these professionals. KEY WORDS: Dynamics, teaching-learning process, deeping on agronomic contents.
33. TITLE: Innovation project for the pedagogic formation of the Journalist. AUTHORS: Giselle María Méndez Hernández, Vivian María Hernández Louhau. ABSTRACT: Sharing experiences from the theoretical-practical and methological perspectives constitute an imprint of the Higher Education. The aim of this work is the socialization of an innovation project for the pedagogic formation of the Journalist, which favors the update of the Cuban model of journalist’s formation, called to achieve higher integrality of students. This fact implies not only their commitment with the social assignment to satisfy the increasing request of information, but also instill them the need to train the future generations of journalists, capable to assume the link between the science they teach and the pedagogic contributions in which they have been based and enriched. KEY WORDS: innovation, journalism, pedagogic formation.
34. TITLE: Diagnosis of the level of physical activity in the workers of the Higher Polytechnic School of Chimborazo. Its importance for health promotion and education. AUTHORS: Jaime Patricio Chávez Hernández, Hugo Santiago Trujillo Chávez, Iván Giovanny Bonifaz Arias, José Alfredo Sánchez, Anilema, Colón Alberto Ballesteros España. ABSTRACT: We are convinced that physical inactivity brings with it countless diseases that affect all people who do not perform it, therefore, we have considered convenient to carry out this study in the entire population of workers of the Higher Polytechnic School of Chimborazo (ESPOCH), in order to obtain a diagnosis of the level of physical activity. KEY WORDS: Physical activity, sedentary lifestyle, health.
35. TITLE: Research on Education for Oral Health in geriatric patients in a population of the State of Mexico. AUTHORS: María Eugenia Álvarez Orozco, Karla Fabiola Camacho Robles, Ana Elizabeth Arellano Enciso, Jannet Delfina Salgado Guadarrama,Diana Jaimes Cortés. ABSTRACT: Prevention and promotion of health are in a higher place in the world of dentistry with the aim of improving the quality of life of patients, so detecting oral lesions on time will prevent them from progressing. A quantitative, descriptive, cross - sectional study was carried out using instruments such as the Geriatric Oral Health Index, the Oral Health Impact Profile and the Oral Health Survey. The sample was composed of 108 patients in which 37% were male and 63% were female. It was determined that the frequent injury was ulcer in a 49.1%, the denture stomatitis in a 6.5%, fissured epulis in a 1.9%, leukoplakia in an 0.9% and 39.8% did not present an abnormal state. KEY WORDS: Education for Oral Health, oral lesions, geriatric patients.
36. TITLE: Promotion of alcoholic beverages in the sport. The moral reasoning of students between 16 and 17 years. AUTHORS: Nelly del Carmen Orellana Arduiz, Felipe Nicolás Mujica Johnson, Rocío Fernanda Concha López. ABSTRACT: The advertising of alcoholic beverages in football is an issue that must be debated from the moral perspective, by the harmful social consequences that this substance causes and the health approach that promotes the sport. In this qualitative study, this debate was generated in a group of adolescents with the objective of analyzing the moral reasoning of schoolchildren of the third year on the promotion of alcohol through sport, through a hypothetical dilemma. Based on the results, it can be concluded that students perceive with divergence the advertising of alcoholic beverages in football, due to the conflict of values, social responsibility, autonomy, well-being and economic benefits. KEY WORDS: alcohol consumption, soccer, moral dilemma, school, qualitative research.
37. TITLE: Ethical perspective, critical thinking and sense of social responsibility in university students. AUTHOR: Hilda Ana María Patiño Domínguez. ABSTRACT: The qualitative exploratory study is focused on the answers that the university students gave to the question: "In case you have learned something valuable in this course, what was it?" This question is part of a survey that explored the opinions of students on humanistic courses. We collected 4,095 valid responses from students during the spring and fall periods of 2010 and spring 2011. A mixed approach (qualitative and quantitative analysis) was used to analyze the data. Research offers a way to understand humanistic education courses from the perspective of students and challenge university professors to seek alternatives to promote meaningful learning. KEY WORDS: university education; values education; critical thinking; social responsability.
38. TITLE: Values in education for an education without values. AUTHORS: Cristián David Expósito, Roxana Graciela Marsollier, Hilda Difabio de Anglat. ABSTRACT: Education carries within itself the logical presence of value, both in the theoretical content of the curriculum and in the daily action of the teacher, since every educator becomes a transmitter of social and personal values. What are those values? How are they transmitted generationally through education? What training do our teachers receive regarding this complex construct called value? It is through this work that we seek to inquire about the perceptions that the teacher has regarding his own vocation, the society in which he lives and how he considers himself resignified. In turn, we seek a way to rescue the social role of teaching from an axiological plane committed to the teacher-student relationship. KEY WORDS: Axiology, values, education, motivation, vocation.
39. TITLE: Antispeciesist apories related to death in nonhuman animals. AUTHOR: Sandra Baquedano Jer. ABSTRACT: The problem of speciesism, is not only related to the fact of the deliberated infliction of pain or suffering to nonhuman animals, but also with the phenomenon of putting an end to their lives. From this consideration, three classical perspectives of the Anglo-Saxon tradition are addressed in relation to lethal practices over animals of other species. With the respective apories exposed, considering their principal arguments, both for and against, its complexity will be elucidated with the assessment of a moral antispeciesist mobile, analyzing at the same time some limits of the occidental tradition in contrast to the ahimsa notion, established in some eastern wisdoms. KEY WORDS: speciesism, welfarism, animal rights, abolitionism, ahimsa.
40. TITLE: Current challenges of exploiting the potential of ICT in order to optimize the university educational process. AUTHORS: Carlos Volter Buenaño Pesántez, Ximena Jeanneth Zúñiga García. ABSTRACT: Researches on this topic show how the potentialities of the technological component in the optimization of the educational process, in the positive modification of traditional education systems are neglected, exposing the difficulties in the implementation of ICT in universities. This study examines the current challenges of harnessing the potential of ICT in order to optimize the university educational process. From a conceptual vision that seeks its improvement, the basic notions were revised under constructivist premises, as well as the incorporation of these technologies in higher education and the current challenges to take advantage of its potential. KEY WORDS: potential of ICT, optimization of the educational process, higher education, educational technology.
41. TITLE: Personal Learning Environments (PLE) with Web 3.0 tools and their application in Scientific Research procedures. AUTORES: Marcelo Eduardo Allauca Peñafiel, Lenín Iván Lara Olivo. ABSTRACT: The objective of this study was to encourage the use of Personal Learning Environments with web 3.0 tools to support the stages of scientific research for 26 teachers of the Polytechnic School of Chimborazo Language Center, since it was detected that only 10% of the teachers used these technological tools in the stages of scientific research. Therefore, a facilitator guided the participants in the identification of web 3.0 tools that were included in a Personal Learning Environment for data entry, organization and processing, and the development and dissemination of research results. Monitoring was implemented through content repositories, which stored the web addresses of personal learning environments for research. KEY WORDS: Personal Learning Environments, Scientific Research, Web 3.0.
42. TITLE: Between Education and Television: Ideological discourses in the representation of youth. AUTHOR: Jorge Belmonte Arocha. ABSTRACT: This article analyses the social, educational and televisual discourses about youth from an interdisciplinary perspective, which articulates Cultural Studies and Critical Pedagogy. It studies the televisual imaginary of education and youth in the Spanish context of the 21st century. The corpus is focused on the narrative fiction that Antena 3 (A3), a conservative and neoliberal-inclined private channel has produced in the last decade: television series as El Internado (2007-2010), Física o Química (2008-2011) or the reality show Curso del 63 (2009) are significant and symptomatic examples. The hypothesis of the research states that there is a convergence between the ideology of the channel and the representation of youth and education in the television texts mentioned above. KEY WORDS: education, television, youth, ideology, representation.
43. TITLE: Theoretical foundations of the dynamics of formation of the pedagogic scientific knowledge in the context of the TIC. AUTHORS: Sandra Pérez Alcolea, Jorge Montoya Rivera, Lianne Guillén Pérez. ABSTRACT: The present article shows theoretical foundations on the dynamic of the scientific pedagogical knowledge starting from the integration of TIC to the teaching-leaning process (TLP). It is recognized that training as pedagogical category always responds to objectives and interests of the society, and in such a sense, it doesn’t get apart from the development; in this direction, it is assumed the training of professional in education as a dynamic process that is promoted by the development of the TIC, requires to contextualize it, and as a result, to understand and favour the change that is being produced in the cultural patterns of the TLP subject-object relation and that influence in the content of education. KEY WORDS: Pedagogical Scientific knowledge, TIC, Humanistic Pedagogy, professionals training on education.
44. TITLE: Sustainability and software. AUTHOR: Anaisa Hernández González. ABSTRACT: Several researches have been carried out on sustainability linked to the technologies and the information systems. Green IT, Green IS, development of sustainable software, sustainable projects management, green metric and the business management of green processes among others, are topics of studies with some results reached in their practical application. This study presents systematic revisions of the literature developed within the sustainability topic applied to the field of software in the last years. Also, some gaps about the relationship sustainability-software are identified. KEY WORDS: Green software, sustainable software, sustainability.
45. TITLE: From Politics to Academy: The Organizational Culture at the Autonomous University of Guerrero. AUTHOR: Jorge Luis Yopan Fajardo. ABSTRACT: The organizational culture of the Autonomous University of Guerrero is analyzed as inserted in the micro-social context of the state of Guerrero. Through a qualitative methodology, the use of the hermeneutic method, and the techniques of in-depth interview and documentary analysis, the configuration of the organizational culture as well as its dimensions and levels are deeply studied. The results reflect the complex transformation of this Higher Education Institution in its internal activity to adapt to the dynamic changes taking place around it, replacing its political rationality towards institutionalization, which focuses on the quality of the academic processes and competitiveness, without neglecting the principles of social inclusion that have always been part of its identity. KEY WORDS: Organizational Culture, Autonomous University of Guerrero, Cultural Management.
46. TITLE: Academic or professional literacy in the European university of the 21st century. AUTHORS: Elisa Isabel Gavari Starkie, Paula Tenca Sidotti. ABSTRACT: This article starts with a revision of institutional programs that have driven academic literacy in USA and United Kingdom, in which universities have defined a pedagogy of writing from the genres. From this approach, the reality of the European university is analyzed, which has not yet laid down the general common guidelines about how academic writing should be adopted. To this difficulty, it is added the necessity to teach writing, not only in the traditional academic genres associated to the university but also to the professional practices, which means the reconsideration of the formation process of external agents to the university. KEY WORDS: professional literacy, writing, educational practices, academic discourse, academic literacy.
47. TITLE: The poetry of Dulce María Loynaz; an ecological crusade. AUTHORS: Liuvan Herrera Carpio, Mayreen Dita Gómez. ABSTRACT: The study analyzes the relation of the lyrical subject and/or creator in the essay and poetic work (without avoiding A summer in Tenerife) by Dulce María Loynaz (Havana, Cuba, 1902-1997, Cervantes Prize 1992) with ecological postures. Without actually knowing the semantic content added to the term ecology after the environmental depauperating stage of the planet in the second half of the twentieth century, Dulce María Loynaz makes her literary work a sign system for the defense of the natural, especially when it is in situations of explicit marginalization. KEY WORDS: Dulce María Loynaz, Cuban poetry, ecology.
48. TITLE: Contribution to management of the citizen participation processes. Analysis of a case study. AUTHORS: Yudith Salvador Hernández, Mariluz Llanes Font, Reynaldo Velázquez Zaldívar. ABSTRACT: The objective of the article is the design and implementation of a procedure for the management of the citizen participation processes, connecting the management approach with the statistical analysis that contributes to the improvement of the efficiency in the solution of the citizen problems. As work results, the processes are documented and a map of citizen participation process was obtained, which allow to view the strategy of citizen participation and interaction between their elements; determining those that require actions of immediate improvement. With the implementation of the procedure in a local government of a municipality, the effectiveness was evaluated by means of achievements in the indicators with the application of measures on the negative deviations. KEY WORDS: Citizen participation, management of processes, processes map, statistical analysis.
49. TITLE: The constitutional control of administrative acts. Analysis of the jurisprudence of the Ecuadorian constitutional court. AUTHORS: Andrés Vargas Riofrío, Olger Quizhpe Castro, Galo Blacio Aguirre. ABSTRACT: This article analyzes the constitutional control in the Ecuadorian legal system, from a historical perspective to the characteristics that it currently presents. In addition, the legal regulations, the doctrine and the jurisprudence developed regarding the actions of the unconstitutionality of administrative acts with general effects issued by the Constitutional Court of Ecuador during the period 2009 - 2016 are analyzed. KEY WORDS: constitutional control, jurisprudence, constitutional justice, administrative acts.
50. TITLE: Public space and communication policies: Redefinition of the community term in Ecuador. AUTHORS: Henry Martínez Ruque, Hernán Yaguana Romero, Nathalie Rencoret Quezada. ABSTRACT: Social media provides a space for citizens’ participation. The public policies of an intercultural and multinational state like Ecuador must be directed towards the promotion and creation of community media, which are established by the Organic Law of Communication (2013). Rethinking communication policies guarantees the establishment of communications for the purpose of solving social problems. However, adopting public policies which will be crystalized in political communicational projects and community perspectives implies a great challenge for the State. The redefinition of the term community, in Ecuador, will be decisive for achieving the specific ends. KEY WORDS: Communication policies, public space, media, Organic Law of Communication.
51. TITLE: Influence of Fair Trade certification on banana production in “El Oro” province, Ecuador. AUTHORS: Tatiana Paola Analuisa Zumba, Karen Nathaly Nivelo Nagua, Nathaly Carolina Ocampo Jiménez, Viviana Amparo Román Escobedo, Ernesto Xavier González Ramón. ABSTRACT: The present article details the results of an academic research, whose main objective is to determine the advantages of having an international Fair Trade certification and the disadvantages of not having it, through the comparative analysis between two banana companies of “El Oro” province, Ecuador Republic. A qualitative methodology was used using research techniques such as the interview, obtaining as a result that having the Fair Trade certification allows workers to obtain the best market prices, in addition to receiving a premium for socioeconomic and environmental projects, while companies that do not have certification do not have benefits or projects that boost their growth. KEY WORDS: Fair Trade, certification, quality.
52. TITLE: The Ecuadorian patriarchal culture; determining factor in the increase of femicides. Analysis of the period 2015-2017. AUTHORS: Rodrigo Gabriel Abarca Carrasco, Miriam Paulina Peñafiel Rodríguez, María Elena Santillán Chávez, Juan Carlos Castillo Moya, Carlos Fernando Buenaño Bayas, Viviana Karina Abarca Santillán. ABSTRACT: From the juridical definitions of femicide, a study is developed for the evaluation of the flaws in the Ecuadorian culture that gives rise to the commission of this infraction that causes social commotion. In the research, the analytical-synthetic, historical-logical, dialectical and bibliographic methods were used, which helped in the development of the topic, as well as in obtaining information from the State Attorney General's Office. As a result of the research, it is verified that the increasing mortality rates due to gender violence are determined essentially by the predominance of cultural patterns that undervalue the status of women in society and contribute to ignorance of current legislation. KEY WORDS: Femicide, violent death, patriarchal culture, equity, integral organic criminal code.
53. TITLE: Industrial ecology and the circular economy. Current challenges to the development of basic industries in Ecuador. AUTHOR: Juan Carlos Muyulema Allaica. ABSTRACT: In Ecuador, both; industrial ecology and the circular economy are challenges for the process of developing basic industries that generate inputs for the rest of the industries in the country. This work focuses on answering, from reflection, two fundamental questions; the first of them: What is the role of the basic industries in the generation of inputs for the rest of industries in Ecuador? and the second: How to achieve a national production that responds to a greater extent to the current trends of industrial ecology and the circular economy? KEY WORDS: Industrial ecology, circular economy, development of basic industries in Ecuador.
54. TITLE: Latin American integration from environmental regulations: challenges of Community of Latin American and Caribbean States. AUTHORS: Rolando Medina Peña, Germania Vivanco Vargas, Rolando Medina de la Rosa. ABSTRACT: This article addresses the issue that in the international context raises great interest and debate, specifically concerning the Latin American integration from the environmental normativity. The impulse of integration has been through a marked intergovernmental character, however, it has not been able to transcend until the formation of a true supranational structure that allows its consolidation. In short, we observe the contents indispensable to a common constitutional order. KEY WORDS: Latin American integration, environmental regulations, CELAC.
55. TITLE: Public safety and alternative means for crime prevention. AUTHOR: Teófilo Benítez Granados. ABSTRACT: This article explains the relationship between education and crime prevention. The unemployment and violence are consequences of a lack of quality in education, but not only the education given in schools, also the one that starts at home, that’s why: how do the socio-economic status and the cultural capital influence on opportunities for success and happiness? and how does crime present to the youth a simple alternative for obtaining money and material belongings without the need for great efforts? KEY WORDS: Education, organized crime, crime prevention, employment.
56. TITLE: Human rights in the weakest links: the public services. An approach to its measurement. AUTHOR: Nuria Cunill-Grau. ABSTRACT: Assuming it is at the level of public services where the recognition of many of the human rights are finally settled down, among them in education and health care; this paper is aimed at offering an approach to human rights indicators in public services that can be used by those responsable for, and especially, by their users. The definition of simple and general measures is chosen, ideally covering all pertinent services and applied to the different forms of provision of services – state, social and comercial ones -, in order to give warning signals of the connection between rights and services. The methodology is based on discussion groups, expert consultations and documentary analysis. KEY WORDS: Human Rights, public services, indicators, Latin America.
57. TITLE: The labor rights of the members of the Police institutions in Mexico from the perspective of the Theory of Legal Constructivism. AUTHORS: Luis Fernando González González, Raúl Horacio Arenas Valdés. ABSTRACT: Currently, the members of the police institutions are part of a group of public servants who are excluded from the enjoyment of their labor rights, derived from what it is established in article 123, in section B, fraction XIII of the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States, a situation that represents a cause of vulnerability and violence against their dignity, as well as a contradiction between what the Mexican Constitution establishes and the International Treaties that are part of the National Constitutional Block. KEY WORDS: police institutions, theory of legal Constructivism, Mexican constitution.
58. TITLE: Procedure for improving information systems for the establishment of a government information system. AUTHORS: Edith Martínez Delgado, Rosario Garza Ríos, Juan Manuel López Acevedo, Jéssica Borges Dalessandro, Manuel A Céspedes Valdivia. ABSTRACT: Information technologies are increasingly imposed. It is not a fashion, but a necessity of society in this globalized world. The present article shows the fundamental results of a research that, with a theoretical and practical approach, makes a revision of the conceptions around the information management, to achieve a harmonious integration of the corresponding information systems in entities of different instances of the country which manage information of interest to the government. A procedure for improving information systems is proposed. It has been applied to a group of prioritized ministries and official organizations, showing their effectiveness, facilitating timely decision making at the corporate and governmental levels and laying the foundations for the establishment of e-government. KEY WORDS: Information system, e-government, improvement procedure.
59. TITLE: Partial results of the feasibility study of the Project: Construction of “El Prado” Oriental Market, Riobamba city, Chimborazo Province. AUTHORS: Magdala de Jesús Lema Espinoza, Yadier Alberto Torres Sánchez, Wilson Fernando Núñez Aguirre, Eduardo Germán Zurita Moreano. ABSTRACT: Oriented to propose an alternative solution to a social problem, the article provides information of empirical nature that contributes to optimization in the use of private and public resources assigned to the investment / development project "Construction of the new oriental market "El Prado", Riobamba city, Chimborazo Province", facilitating decision-making associated to the project. Its feasibility is demonstrated, taking into account the analysis of the financial indicators: current net value, internal rate of return, and cost-benefit relationship. In addition, the fact that members of local faculty and university students also participate enhances the academic contribution to the society and can serve as a reference for similar cases. KEY WORDS: feasibility study, projects viability, construction of the Oriental Market 'El Prado', Riobamba city, Chimborazo province.
60. TITLE: Analysis of the impertinence and illegality of the reclassification of the criminal act in the opening plea of the oral penal trial hearing in Mexico. AUTHORS: Carlos Alfredo Jaime Mejía, Raúl H. Arenas Valdés. ABSTRACT: In this research paper, it is presented that the constitutional reform in the area of criminal justice and public security has transcended in Mexico and its implementation brought the creation of new figures, of which little is known but they have repercussions in the administration of justice. The new figure under study is called "reclassification of the criminal act by the public Ministry in the opening plea of the oral trial hearing in Mexico," which in these notes is substantiated by the impertinence, illegality and contravention of a prompt and expeditious justice. KEY WORDS: reclassification of the criminal act, opening plea, audience, oral penal trial.
61. TITLE: Strategic thinking in the business context. Tangible or intangible? AUTHORS: Magdala De Jesús Lema Espinoza, Yadier Alberto Torres Sánchez, Wilson Fernando Núñez Aguirre, Silvia Hipatia Torres Rodríguez. ABSTRACT: The notion of Strategic Thinking (ST) in its dual intangible-tangible dynamics is recreated and sustained in the complex current situation of the business environment. Reflecting on strategic thinking in the business context implies broadening its meaning, exceeding its transcendence as deliberate action and building its true nature and scope related to the emerging action. It is necessary to frame ST in the area of the intangible, since this is linked to the knowledge that has a certain organization that makes it private and that differentiates it from the rest of the competitors, but it is also tangible because it favors entrepreneurs to achieve a high level of common sense based on practice, as well as a preparation for dissimilar problems derived from each environment. KEY WORDS: strategic thinking, business context, notions, tangible and intangible nature.
62. TITLE: The entrepreneurship and the socialism of the 21st. century: ¿A paradoxical link-up or a support for the economic development? AUTHORS: María José Pérez Espinoza, Carolina Uzcátegui Sánchez, Javier Alejandro Solano Solano, María del Carmen Franco Gómez. ABSTRACT: Through the present research, it is sought to identify the relationship between the public policies of 21st-century socialism and the entrepreneurship in Ecuador. To attain this, a historical synthesis of XXI century socialism is made, as a current political trend in Latin America, and its gravitation in the Ecuadorian context. Additionally, the social and solidarial economy is also analyzed for its influence on the political and economic change that Ecuador has undergone in the last decade. Finally, the entrepreneurship: its origin and importance is addressed and it is evident that the change of the productive matrix is an ambitious policy that tries to articulate the public with the private, besides being a motivator for the new entrepreneurs. KEY WORDS: Entrepreneurship, socialism of the 21st century, innovation, social and solidarial economy.
63. TITLE: Considerations on rurality, family farming and food security in Ecuador. AUTHORS: Luis E. Sánchez, Santiago Miguel Ulloa Cotazár, Milton C. Barragán. ABSTRACT: The significance of family farming and its close link with food security in Latin America has already been pointed out by several studies carried out in the region. In addition, there are relationships of interdependence between rurality, family farming, food security and food sovereignty. This article focuses on offering some considerations on rurality, family farming and food security in Ecuador based on the bibliographic review carried out on relevant emblematic studies. KEY WORDS: rurality, family agricultura, food safety, Ecuador.
64. TITLE: Determination of the relationship between food security and the family economy/agriculture in the rural area of Santo Domingo de los Colorados in Ecuador. AUTHORS: Luis E. Sánchez, Santiago Miguel Ulloa Cotazár, Milton C. Barragán. ABSTRACT: The relationship between food security and the family economy - for obvious reasons associated with family farming in rural areas - has been poorly studied in Ecuador. This research focused on establishing the relationship between food security and family economy/agriculture in the rural area of Santo Domingo de los Colorados canton, in Ecuador. Empirical evidence and information that can be used both to continue confronting the problem and to facilitate the application of social protection policies in the rural territories with impact on the achievement of food and nutrition security in Ecuador is described here. KEY WORDS: food security, family economy, rural area, household economy approach.
65. TITLE: Phytosanitary perception of maize producers in the agro alimentary politics in areas of the south zone of Valle del Évora, Sinaloa state, Mexico. AUTHORS: Alberto Méndez Barceló, Karel Acosta Pérez, Jorge Mejía Bojorquez, Javier Rodríguez Cázares. ABSTRACT: A study was conducted to determine the phytosanitary perception of the maize producers in the agri-food policy in areas of the south zone of Valle del Évora in the Sinaloa state, Mexico, detecting that the producers are lacking phytosanitary culture and environmental values that permit reducing the population levels of the plagues on the basis of chemical products without technical and methodological opinions in only one variety that is not favorable for the food safety in the region. KEY WORDS: phytosanitary perception, maize, Sinaloa.